Monday, October 01, 2007

My Sunday!!

We went out today looking at open houses , this was the first time for me and found it to be kind of fun and very interesting..I was surprised how many people show up at these things so I'm thinking this is something I need to have at the end of this month at my house..
We toured a nice little remote log cabin not far from town, well 7 mins. in fact .It was sitting on 1.1 acre with lots of trees I loved the remote feel and the sound of the wind rustling the leaves also the up and down layout of the property, the house sit up on top of the hill....lots of tender loving care needed maybe more then we both felt we could give but we both loved it..
Ain't it hell getting old..Such a shame I forgot my camera..

6 comments:

Judi W. said...

Open houses are a great idea! I sold my last house to someone who came to the open house. Kitchy idea is to have the house smell like baking bread - people know you are doing it on purpose but it's still kind of fun to do.

Linda Fleming said...

We had a couple of open houses before we finally sold our house in IL. and yes, Judi is right about the smell of something baking. Our realtor told us to bake cokkies, which I did and left warm cookies sitting out for the lookers to enjoy. Our realtor was insistant that we not be there whenever the house was shown. I hated that. Sometimes we had to leave the house 2-3 times a day due to showings.

Kai said...

Confession: I used to LOVE going to open houses even tho' I wasn't REALLY house shopping. I've just always dreamed of having my own lil' place. LOL! The log cabin sounds heavenly!

Jacque Uetz said...

Kai, it was the first time I had been around so many tree since Texas .It gave me that soothing home feel without the heat LOL!!
See pic of Iowa below:)

Linda said...

That pretty cabin in the woods is still for sale right down the road from me. It sits in the woods. And I hear they may have lowered the price.

Jacque Uetz said...

Linda P when you find a cabin for 100,000 or less we can talk roflol!! thank y'all for commenting..!!!